Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Research the type and extent of environmental hazards in your community, Elizabeth, New Jersey, such as toxic release of chemicals or other contaminants, at Reporting for TRI Facilities and research local air quality at AirNow.
In your initial post, summarize which toxic chemical(s) or air pollutant may be most problematic in the area where you live, Elizabeth, New Jersey.
• Is there an increased risk of disease(s)? If so, which disease(s)?
• How is this information communicated to the community?
• Do you think the community is aware and follows the status of the problem(s)? Explain why or why not.
• How can public health nurses facilitate change in your community and help prevent environmental threats to health? Provide at least two examples.
• After viewing your classmates’ posts, contribute additional information about the pollutant, level of community awareness, and any additional ways a public health nurse can facilitate change.
Reporting for TRI Facilities : https://www.epa.gov/toxics-release-inventory-tri-program/reporting-tri-facilities
AirNow : https://www.airnow.gov/
Website links in document